2 June 2020
British Steel partners with MHR to modernise entire payroll within five weeks
British Steel, the leading steel manufacturer with facilities across the UK and Europe, has successfully implemented MHR’s cutting-edge iTrent payroll solution within five weeks, replacing the previous legacy system and ensuring 3,500 employees were paid in line with the requirements of the company’s acquisition by Jingye Group.
The core elements of the MHR solution became fully operational in March, enabling all British Steel employees to be paid and the final signing of the landmark deal to proceed.
“We were very impressed with the speed and professionalism of MHR, enabling us to hit a critical deadline,” said Derek Scott, HR Director at British Steel. “This brought peace-of-mind to thousands of our employees and ensured a deal critical to the future of our company went ahead. Now we have a payroll system that is fit for the future.”
The initial implementation phase of the iTrent payroll system was achieved after British Steel signed a contract with MHR on February 20.. The next phase of this partnership will see the ongoing deployment of MHR’s iTrent HR solution, helping to transform communication and engagement in the newly-acquired company. Enhanced levels of security are now also being implemented, with further functionality set to be added to the platform as required.
Anton Roe, Chief Executive Officer at MHR, said: “When speed was critical, we responded. We’re proud to have implemented a streamlined payroll system that will meet all British Steel’s future needs. Speed of deployment and rapid access to expertise are what we offer all our clients along with an unyielding commitment to high standards.”
MHR’s comprehensive payroll solution ensures an organisation’s payroll team is fully equipped to excel in today’s digital world. The payroll solution makes life easier by:
- providing employees with access to their pay data anytime and anywhere through mobile devices
- delivering fuss-free management of workforce assessment and auto-enrolment
- creating flexible user-defined workflows that deal effortlessly with authorisations and notifications
- enabling hassle-free management of multiple-role employees on different pay scales and shift patterns
- running all payroll processes automatically overnight, freeing payroll professionals to focus on more value-generating activities.